As one of the first companies to perfect in-mold label technology in the late 80′s and early 90′s, Steinhauser continues to find ways to innovate the process. Our knowledge and expertise in this technology allows us to support your in-mold package from design through the blow molding process.
With the in-mold process, the label is simultaneously applied when the bottle is blown or formed. The label, therefore, becomes part of the bottle, providing a “no label” look. This process allows for unique bottle designs and is best suited for containers that will keep the same shape for an extended period of time. This, along with superior graphic capabilities, makes in-mold a great process for adding brand distinction to laundry and fabric care, automotive, food & beverage and health & beauty products and packaging.
Benefits of Steinhauser in-mold technology:
- Superior graphic capabilities for a wide-range of bottle shapes and sizes
- Well suited for long runs
- A 100% recyclable solution – bottle and label are completely regrindable
- No flagging, curling, peeling or tearing of post-mold labels
- Resists moisture, chemicals and scratching
- Eliminates need for backing materials – no release liner
- No post-mold labeling stations, maintenance, or manpower requirements
- Overall lower per unit label cost than post-mold labeling alternatives